Breakout Session [Spirit]- "Nourishing the Mother"
Many moms have a kind of uber-mom persona that is very draining, both to themselves and to their loved ones. It's only damaging, though, when it operates unconsciously-- Lynnea will offer practical tips and insights that will help bring things into balance. She will also share "creative movement", the "yes-breath" and other 10-second miracles to shift into awareness when things are going downhill. Find a way to balance and tame your "uber-mom" and restore balance to your topsy-turvey life.
About the Presenter
At the turn of the millennium, Lynnea Brumbaugh adopted two children internationally: an infant from China and an 8-year-old with pronounced physical deformities from Russia. Her journey into motherhood enveloped her in a decade of intensive emotional growth and spiritual awareness, stretching her even beyond her academic work on motherhood, which includes a dissertation on divine mothering in medieval texts and the development of a Washington University service-learning course on motherhood. Lynnea has, through her mind, body, and heart, come to a deep understanding of both the intense joys of mothering and the unthinkable difficulties of trying to live up to the complex and contradictory myths that our families, our workplaces, our partners, our culture, and our own minds create about becoming and being "the mom." Passionate now to share the tools that have helped her live beyond her own story, Lynnea has begun to offer workshops and accept clients into a life coaching practice that focuses on professional mothers. Her training includes
- Coaching certification in progress from The Hendricks Institute: Conscious Living and Loving Essentials completed
- Reiki Mastery (certified both to practice and to teach)
- Michael Harner's The Way of the Shaman® (Shamanic Journeying, Power, and Healing: The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism)
- Ph.D. in English and American Literature (focus on mothering in medieval women's texts)
- Lecturer, Washington University in St. Louis
- Developed and taught service-learning course on motherhood
- Developed and taught leadership and teambuilding course for engineers
- Taught business and technical communications (10+ years)
- BS in Psychology; BA in English